Le Bournaguet is an exclusive property in the area of Sarlat, Perigord Noir, Dordogne, in the south west of France.
Dating from the 18th Century, Le Bournaguet is a renovated and remodelled farmhouse into a Manor, built in the local stone which glows golden in the sunshine. With its hilltop setting, Le Bournaguet provides panoramic views of the Périgord Noir countryside and offers total peace in a discrete secluded private world.
Le Bournaguet is a property of 35 hectares (85 acres) of forest and land on the summit of a flat-topped hill. A steepish, winding drive off a quiet country road leads to the front door and then past a smaller house on the north side of the house, where there is plenty of parking space.
|7 (All are double or triple with doubles
capable of being separated into singles for flexibility)
|Bathrooms||5 (plus 3 separate w.c.’s)|
|Rents||€5,000-€11,000 per week|
Le Bournaguet is well located to explore the whole region as it is situated in the core of Dordogne, close to both (i) the town of Sarlat but also (ii) the Vallée of Dordogne which hosts Richard the Lionheart’s Castle Beynac, Les Milandes (from Josephine Baker with its raptor show) and other Castles such as Castel, Marqueyssac and its gardens, the fortified city of Domme, (iii) the site of the Castle of Commarque and its troglodyte caves (the most beautiful carved horse), (iv) Montignac with its world renowned prehistoric cave and first cavemen painting of Lascaux, (v) Eyrignac (Salignac) and its beautiful French gardens and (vi) all other wonders such as the Gouffre de Padirac and its surprising amazing underground rivers.
This property is 10 kms (7 miles) or 10 minutes from the fascinating small town of Sarlat-le-Canéda (known simply as “Sarlat”).
The international airports of Bergerac (Roumanière), Brive-Souillac, Brive-la-Gaillarde and Périgueux are within 45mn to an hour are half drive, whilst Bordeaux’s rather larger international airport (called Mérignac) is 2¼ hours away. The nearest train startion is at Souillac (35 kms).
- Pets are allowed (else than cats) at the owner’s discretion.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided free of charge and will be changed on a weekly basis.
- There are 2 telephones at the house.
- There’s a computer screen/keyboards (both AZERTY & QWERTY) and a printer/scanner/fax linked by USB but also by bluetooth and wifi.
- Optic fiber/4G Broadband/WiFi internet access is available in the entire property (including at the pool).
- There is a movie/cinema room with a large selection of films.
- There are 2 cots (both with bedding), and a high chair.
- This is very much an “all-year-round” house, and is therefore centrally heated throughout. Wood fires can be lit in the sitting area at one end of the kitchen/dining area, in the living room, and in some bedrooms. Wood will be provided if and when required.
- The cleaner/s is/are paid by the owners to carry out housework 6 days per week for 6 hours per day (35 hours total per week). This includes washing up, and cleaning the kitchen, living rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms and terraces, as well as preparing the breakfast and lunch tables. She is there to welcome guests including Sunday morning (her day off is Wednesday). Any additional hours of work (including washing and ironing tenants’ laundry, babysitting, etc.) should be agreed and paid direct to those concerned.
- A cook can also be arranged (in advance) for as many dinners and/or lunches as may require.
- A tennis coach, a masseur and/or tailor-made tours of the surrounding region can also be arranged in advance.
- There’s a small pond in a wood outside the gated area of the property which a dedicated path leads to. Whilst shallow, parents with small children should be aware of its existence.